2013/02/13

MANNAM MAN meets Gamcheon Cultural Village

Greetings!!


I have been to Gamcheon Culture Village on last day of seollal holiday( korean New Year's day). Gamcheon Culture village is located in Busan, which is the second largest city in Korea. Since 2009, the village has been subjected to be remodelled and renovated as a part of government-supported art projects. The dense houses of this small hillside village makes a view with colorful buildings. If you are interested in photography, there are many opportunities to take photos than expected.

When I had arrived there, I, firstly, bought the colorfully-illustrated map which costed just 2,000 won. There are 7 blanks on the map that you should collect stamps each place. If you collect all seven stamps from all places marked on the map, you can get either two postcards or one printed photo you take for free at Hanuel maru which is located at the top of the village. But I couldn't. That day was National Holiday, so many people were there. :)

One place attracting my eye was House of Peace.
A sign was posted in front of the house.
[ Peace is invisible to the eye and inaudible to the ear. But still, peace is the container can hold everything in the world. This work is the visualization of the peace as a container can hold everything. Moonlight shines on everything fairly. It doesn't care whether they are rich or poor, what race and religion. Peace is the basis of equal and fair living for the whole human kind. ]

I have been deeply moved by this sign before entering this house.

These papers were posted by hundreds of people who wished real peace. 


I think that peace start from respecting different minds from your thoughts.
These days I've been working for one volunteer association called MANNAM on the weekends. Its ultimate goal is world peace through volunteering. This pure volunteer association grounding on all people from the world, irrespective of their differences, unites and works towards the goal of the world peace and a culture of respect and tolerance through true volunteerism. This is MANNAM's vision and I love it.

Volunteer work provides meaningful life to us as heaven gives us the light, rain, and air. Not expecting in return, like nature does. That's a real PURE volunteer work.

I am so happy that I could something for people in need. Honestly it makes me feel valued. I'm going to a hospital on this Saturday to treat sick children. The volunteers including me are preparing something special for the little friends.
Would you come with me? :)

www.mannamintl.org

댓글 27개:

  1. I agree with you. I think When you do volunteer work, if you want reward, it is not volunteer. It is just work.

    답글삭제
  2. I also agree with your mind.
    Real PURE volunteer work doesn't have to expect in return.

    답글삭제
  3. Peace starts from respecting! I like that sentence. I thing there are so many people want to have peace in the world include me. :D

    답글삭제
  4. Peace, that everybody be happy!

    답글삭제
  5. Peace is for everyone:D. Moonlight shines on everything fairly. very sweet sound♡

    답글삭제
  6. That serve as meeting serve without pay, giving the sky's really cool!

    답글삭제
  7. MANNAM IS Wonderful
    Great Volunteers are here.
    Thanks for your article

    답글삭제
  8. MANNAM Volunteer Association is doing good works for peace.

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Yes, it is. Our purpose is to make the peaceful world. ^^

      삭제
  9. MANNAM is wonderful. That serve as meeting serve without pay, giving the sky's really cool!

    답글삭제
  10. I live in Busan but never been to Gamcheon.. Thanks for the lovely article. I gotta visit the house of peace soon!! =)

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. you should visit there once. That would be wonderful memory.

      삭제
  11. What a cool posting is that?
    That's so awesome that you shared your idea about peace and so good to have a chance what I think about peace too.
    Thanks for the share and keep posting up! :)

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. You're very welcome :) thanks for showing ur interest.

      삭제
  12. 这是哪里啊?好漂亮。。。

    답글삭제
  13. I agree that !
    peace start from respecting :)
    it is not easy . but we have to try do that !

    답글삭제
  14. I visited there lately and I entirely agree that "Peace is to respect different mind"

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Let's promote the world peace with the practice of respect.^^

      삭제
  15. Every year in busan there is a festival in Gamchen maeul

    답글삭제
  16. 我喜欢群山包围着城市,空气很新鲜

    답글삭제
  17. I also agree with the thought that peace starts from respecting different minds from your thoughts

    답글삭제
  18. I think so too, peace can be done by respecting each other.

    답글삭제