2013/02/05

An Essay from a MANNAM Korean Class teacher.

     A couple of months ago, a foreign worker who was from Pakistan wanted to join MANNAM Korean Class. There was a problem, however, his home was Ik-san which was about an hour distance from the class by car. It was not easy to come to the class and he didn't even know how to come. He had known around his place only. Even though he still wanted to take the class. So I explained the location and sent the address to him.
     Sadly, he couldn't get it and later told me he could figure out by himself. He seemed not to want to bother me. The day he supposed to come I was waiting for him, but he had not showed up until the class was started. Finally, he walked into the classroom during a class. He looked exhausted. I asked him what happened. He told me that he had spent two hours on a bus. Because the bus drove him wrong way, he got off, took a taxi and then arrived finally!
     I felt sorry for him but on the other hand appreciated that he came safely.
After the class was finished, I took him his place. He said he was pleased to find MANNAM class and would like to join statedly.
     Meanwhile, he also told me his daily life. His routine life was nothing special; working and taking a rest were repeated everyday. How boring his life was! He had not been enjoying his weekends or holidays so far. He had not spent time with Korean friends before he met MANNAM. He said that he participated only once - which was MANNAM World Peace Festival in Sep. 2012. - but he couldn't forget the great memories of it.
He appreciated MANNAM Volunteer Association giving him delight.
     Volunteering is not so easy. You should share your time or talents or something you have with people in need. But whenever I meet somebody like him, I am uplifting. I guess that I am the one who is much pleased. That is the reason I keep joining MANNAM volunteer working.


Written by
Hwang, Jae-yeon

댓글 7개:

  1. you are doing a great job for foreigners living in Jeonju!!
    maybe sometimes I should join and help you guys.
    when is the next class?

    답글삭제
  2. We are looking forward to being of service to you^^!!

    답글삭제
  3. Thank you for the your cooperation and interested in MANNAM Korean Class.
    I take the class evrey Sunday afternoon.

    답글삭제
  4. I want the classroom to be more~~

    답글삭제
  5. Hey, I appreciate him and his effort to put in to make the class.
    I send lots of blessings to him.

    답글삭제