2013/03/10

An Essay Ⅲ written by a MANNAM Korean teacher.

It was in October of 2012. MANNAM Jeonju branch received a request from Wanju Industrial Complex where many foreign workers had worked. The Wanju government made a request to Mannam to organize a Korean class.

There was a guy named Subeiri from Indonesia. He asked if the class could be held in the complex. He learned about MANNAM when he participated the World Peace Festival. He told us there had been a lot of trouble staying here in Korea because he couldn't speak Korean. He didn't even have enough time and money to learn it since the Korean language institutes were so far away from the city. Many people desired to study Korean, so MANNAM started to hold the class every Sunday at the complex.

Since then, I've been teaching them for five months. I was so touched whenever I saw the students. They were always enthusiastic about studying, despite being tired from having work everyday.

Subeiri, one of the hard-working students, left Korea just last month because of his expired visa. While staying in Korea for about three years, he received the Korean Language Certification Level 1. He said he would come back as soon as he can, but I was sorry having to say good bye. We were like family.

He thanked us for having the class near his work place. Actually, he didn't have much time to experience Korea and its culture. He worked everyday he didn't have enough time to do something enjoyable. However, after meeting MANNAM, he was able to enjoy studying and learning Korean and its culture. He told me he would like to continue doing volunteer work in his country like he had done with MANNAM.

When light meets light, there is victory. This light makes our societies brighter and brighter. I feel good just thinking about it. Thanks to MANNAM, I received many precious things such as meeting a lot of new people. I would like to let you in on this happiness. When you share your talent with your neighbors, you will lead a bountiful life.


댓글 4개:

  1. I am really missing him.
    I hope that he is able to visit Korea as hurry as possible again.

    답글삭제
  2. I think so. It is why I cannot stop voulteering.^^

    답글삭제
  3. Hopely, the foreign students' Korean would be more improving so that we can communicate each other easily:)

    답글삭제